Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Introductions

I have another blog. It's on Wordpress.  But it wasn't really going anywhere.  It's not like I ever expected to actually make a paycheck, or a name for myself through blogging, but when you write something publicly the intention is for people to read it.  Well, no one was reading it.  After a year or so with one lone subscriber I decided to give the blog thing one more shot here.  If it doesn't work this time, I give up.

I'm not the best writer in the world, but I do consider myself somewhat of a craftsman of words.  I have ways to make them do what I want them to, most of the time anyway.  Writing is one of my gifts, and I have always believed that if you have a gift you need to share it. 

I share because I feel like as humans, there's not a whole lot I am going to say that you are not going to be able to relate to.  We all share a collective bank of feelings, and even if the same thing that makes me feel a certain way does not have that effect on you, you are still going to know what it's like to feel the way I do.  Life seems to want to make us forget this.  We get so wrapped up in our own little bubbles that we have built around ourselves and we start to think that we are the only ones who understand.  We are the only ones who feel precisely how we do. 

I share because you never know when someone is going to be sitting out there in cyberspace feeling alone, and how much it means in that moment when you see something someone else put out there,  realize you aren't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment