Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Walking Dead, and the Daryl Dixon Fixation

So, it's no secret that I love The Walking Dead.  Like, I've never felt this way about a t.v. show kind of love.  I watch each episode like it's an event.  I wait with baited breath for every sneak preview, spoiler alert, or next season trailer.  I love the characters, I love the settings, I love the zombies and I even love the soundtrack.  But what I can't stand is this sexual icon Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) is becoming.  It's making the whole thing take on this cheese factor that quite frankly, I am not comfortable with.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not blind, or a lesbian.  I know that Norman Reedus is an attractive guy, and that he makes Daryl Dixon a rather sexy character, all with his crossbow and motorcycle and shit, but seriously.  "Mrs. Daryl Dixon" tank tops?  Seriously?  Yes, those actually exist.  And there are massive amounts of my fellow females who comment that they would want one of these shirts. 


                                I think I would have to put real effort in not punching someone with this shirt on


Sexy magazine covers, and a hard core female following.  It seems that Daryl Dixon is the new main man of The Walking Dead. His popularity has well surpassed the intended front man of this apocalyptic scenario.  Where are the throngs of women lusting after Rick?  Now that Shane's gone and that conflict has passed has Rick lost his bravado?  When he had his mental breakdown, did he suddenly become damaged goods?  I will be interested to see how these two character arcs play out along with the obvious female preference for Daryl Dixon.  I wonder if he will get killed off just so we can all hear the collective "NOOOOO!" when it happens! 

                                                             Hey, baby.  Like my crossbow?

No comments:

Post a Comment